1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

white ford and white chev

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by R.G.PEEL, Dec 13, 2010.

1. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

A few shots of our 2008 ford dually and 2005 chevy. The pics were last night and during the storm so don't mind the poor quality and the mess I'll try to get some more glamourous shots up with some of the other equipment when I can. The dually has half of a load of salt in the back, doesn't change the stance much at all. The Chevy also has plow wings in the back of the truck that make it a 10 ft wide straight blade when not transporting. Chevy is a tuned dmax and the ford is my new toy so it has not been modified yet other than a little help in the springs. I'm open to 6.4 suggestions though.

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice trucks, you gonna put a plow on the ford?
  3. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

Not sure, I have the same truck with a snoway revolution (see black ford thread). For this season I'm subbing hourly so it doesn't make sense to put multiple attachments on one truck. Perhaps next year if all goes well and I get a mall or some plazas on contract. At that point I think I'd be a sucker for punishment and go with another Snoway rev for this one.
  4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

nice pics....how much did you end up plowing?
  5. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

Just a very light scrape so the salt could do its thing, Barely worth plowing but it's hourly work so I'll plow dry pavement if they ask! Wound up with about 11 hours salting 5 hours plowing with one truck 3 with another and no loaders. Being that loaders are on flat rate for the season, It was an ideal situation.
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking trucks you've got there.

As for the 6.4. Spartan Tuning.

Friend of mine has a 6.4 with headstuds, egr system delete, intake, 4" turbo back straight pipe, and spartan tuning and its got some crazy power. I drive a dmax tuned with Efi Live and some bolt ons and stuff and there's nooo way I can keep up with him.
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You've got a nice fleet. I still love your black Ford the best but these two aren't too shabby either.
  8. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

R.G. I usually don't like white, but that is one good looking dually.
    Mark, The spartan has a Very nice monitor but the tuning does not make as much power or near as safe as a custom tuned SCT (lower cylinder pressure) . And for some reason it seams a lot more guys have problems with head bolts and need studs after deleting the Egr's.
    We run Exhaust and Intake with Custom tuned SCT's from Eric at innovative diesel on our 2 6.4's and LOVE them. Almost 600hp to the wheels with a tuner is really kicking ass lol.
    Tuning them and ditching the Egr makes these totally different trucks.
    Give Eric a Call.
  9. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

Thank you for the tip but I am in Toronto so I will be looking closer to here. There is a place in richmond hill called diesel depot and he has been working on the black one (egr delete etc...) I'm going to see what products he deals with and go from there with the white one. Thanks for the compliments and the 6.4 suggestions. The black 6.0 is my daily driver and I have PPE in that. The 6.4 info is much appreciated as this is my first one. In the meantime its a comfortable way to spread salt, I ended up driving it's route last night.
  10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great
  11. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

spartan tunes. def.