1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whistle noise when cold

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cmo18, Mar 21, 2008.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Hi, I have 01 ram with the 318 in it and lately when ive been going out and starting it willl make a whistle noise when i give it gas..Once warmed up it goes away. My engine light came on 2 days ago and it was evap code that came up. I thought it was my gas cap so i cleared the code and tighten the cap and the engine light has came on again. What couldn the whistling be? Cracked hose going to the throttle body?

2. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

an evap hose most likly is going to be a split hose on the under side of the truck by the leak nvld (natural vaccume leak detection pump)

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

anyone know exacly where that is?

4. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

most are up front between the front axle and say the back of the front door willbe a back box with lots of back hoses coming and going to it .