1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whick control and how to mount

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Pinzgauer, Feb 20, 2008.

?

which control

Poll closed Mar 1, 2008.
  1. Fishstick

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Joystick

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

Hi -
    I am curious which controls you guys use - Fishstick or Joystick - and also how you mounted yours and where. I myself got a joystick with my plow and thought I made a huge mistake. But then I gave it some thought and rigged a piece of MDF which I placed exactly where it is comfortable to use my control. I mounted it with hook and loop tape so I can remove the whole setup when I'm not plowing. Now I LOVE my joystick.
    What do you guys do?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

First off I would never be able to drive my brand new truck around if it was that dirty but i guess if it snows soo much that you dont have time to clean it then thats ok. purplebou

I run fishsticks in both my trucks and would never go back to joysticks they always got in my way.

3. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

thanks Martha ....... comments like yours certainly make it worthwhile to stick my neck out and support/help this community.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Easy does it PG......I believe the term used to describe his post would be either sarcasm or humor. :yow!:

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Western handheld controller. So I voted for a fishstick. I'm not a fan of those control boxes.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

joystick...never used a fishstik, i really like the joystick so i dont see a reason to switch, i would like to try one sometime!!!

7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

That was going to be my post if you didnt beat me to it. Maybe the 07 payments are so expensive, he cant even afford to clean his truck. Man I could never spend an extended amount of time in a truck like that. I bet its a nice truck too. Ask BlueLine if I keep my truck clean.....he will tell you. Either way, Fishstik only, never go back to a joystick.

8. RSheaLand

RSheaLand Member

I have had fishstiks in all my newer trucks but cant find a good spot in my 07 NBS chevy to mount it or store it. Your solution looks pretty good.

9. RSheaLand

RSheaLand Member

Your center arm rest looks like it has a cover on it must be a GMC thing

10. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

aaahhhhh ..... look how all the beautiful people from MA stick together. Must be nice (or boring) being so perfect. Makes me wonder though why most of you beautiful people from MA turn into such idiots when you came up here?

11. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Do you lack a sense of humor Pinzgauer? Is someone having a bad day? :D

12. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Easy!!!!! Let's not get our panties in a bunch now!!!:)

Joystick!

13. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Honestly i have used both and i dont care which kind i use.

14. Mysticlandscape

I am just saying its a brand new truck take a little pride in it. Why pay 45k and trash it in 6 months. Its your truck do what you want but even my dump truck which is only used for work, is spotless inside an out because i want to protect my investment. Blueline sees me all the time an i keep it as clean as possible an so does he..

15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok I have to agree with other posts your truck is a bit messy. But I will come to your deffense a bit. By the looks of it you use your truck for work and have a j ob that gets you dirty. ANd in your deffense you do have seat covers on your brand new truck. Dash boards and cup holders wash out. But dirty seats are hard to get back to looking new. So I guess you do care about the truck. As for Joystick/Fishstick. I recenty bought the joystick and didnt mount it. I just have the wire sticking out from under the steering whell and I plug it in when needed. As for traveling with plow on. I just hang fish stix on the bag holder on passenger side. This way no holes in dash. The one advantage I noticed to fishstix was plow now works like my old mm1. It comes to a slow stop not a fast jolt.

16. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

to get back to the topic .... I am actually surprised how many people use joysticks.

17. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I am actually surprised to see how many MASS BOYS just DOMINATED this thread. Sounds like VT is outnumbered on the Plow Site.....:dizzy::rolleyes:;)

18. Mysticlandscape

Nothing wrong with sticking together..

19. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

IMO- Fishstick hands down! I was torn when I got my plow installed on my truck (came with the joystick- but opted to get the Fishstick instead for another $200). I'm so glad I did- I plow all driveways and in my view it's absolutely a must to have the handheld controller- can shift and work the plow with one hand, steer with the other- works great for me!

IMO- Fishstick handheld is the way to go!wesport

20. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Maybe later to make you feel better I will post a pic of my daily driver (no plow) 07 obs 1500. I tipped over a bag full of empty shotgun hull about three weeks ago. I must have close to 1000 hulls rolling around all over my truck. Can't wait for the spring cleaning. Anyway. I use a fish stick and thats all I have ever had. Some of the old school guys I know refuse to try a fishstick they love the joystick. I guess its whatever you are used to. My only complaint would be I have nowhere to secure my fishstick to the truck. The cord goes into the dash close enough to my knee that I dont have to reach to the floor to pick it up when it slides off the seat. Velcro maybe. Never make fun of a mans house or his truck!