1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which would you get, and why

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SERBIANSHARK, Jan 2, 2008.

SERBIANSHARK Junior Member

We're going to be getting some new plows to service our commercial lots, and 70 or so home driveways for next season.

we use 2 ford f-250's to do the bulk of this work, one is a f-250 long box crew cab, the other is a standard box extended cab.

we're looking at a few different plows for the purchase, but would appreciate some input from others.

the plows we're looking at are the blizzard 8810, the boss POWER V-XT 8'2", and the western MVP PLUS 8'6".

If you were to choose, which would you get.

thanks for the opinions.
  2. tom5301

tom5301 Member

We run Boss V because they stay open all night so there all good plows I would figure out who stays open all night but are boss plows are great we have 3 v's and a straight
  3. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

I run everything western,great for finding used parts and very dependable,but I aslo buy the this brand because of dealer support,they are always open and great to work with. Servicability is what I would base my decision on. Good luck!!
  4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I run Western and only western the MVP plus controller is a lot nicer then the boss
  5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i like blizzards i think the speed wings and extending blade is a cool idea. thou i never had to deal with getting one fixed. ran them on the 2 and 1/2 tons never had an issue
  6. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I have had my 810 for 3 years now. One and only issue I had was the cutting edge broke after hitting a manhole. Turns out the edge wasn't treated right and after I took it in to them and showed them the pieces they fixed. I love the blade. I have pushed with all colored brands except for Fisher. I'm staying white. I save a butt load of time with it. I do combination work also. Commercial and residential, its awesome for both.
  7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

let me just say, that is a great answer. I bought a blizzard because it was cool......:eek:
  8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

while i like the blizzard alot i think ill stick with my boss. no need for extra parts, they rarely break. my dealer said he hates selling boss because they never come back! and other than getting a hose replaced, i havent been back (im only on my second season). I plow pretty big lots so when i hit stuff it hurts and so far it has held up great. the only regret is getting the 8'2, i should have gotten the 9'2.
  9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

Boss. go with the new xt they have.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I run Western. Like the unit and its easiy to mount and detach!
  11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Had real good luck with Fisher over the years. Seen 'em & used 'em over 30 years. I have no experience with the V plows, but lots of people have had great luck with those too.