1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Hedgehog, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I am looking for a light duty plow for my 2003 Tacoma doublecab. I have two that I am interested in and would like input on the two.
    The first is a 7'6" Curtis poly plow with hand held control for $3400 cash & carry
    The second is a 7'6" Snoway 22 series with down pressure and wired hand held remote for $4100 cash and carry.
    The Curtis weighs 450#'s and the Snoway weighs 285#'s
    I am kind of leaning towards the Curtis because I plan on upgrading trucks in the next few years and I think a 26" blade would work better on the front of a half ton that a 22" blade.
    Any input would be appeciated.
    Also, are these good cash & carry prices? (They do not include tax)

2. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

I'd go for the Sno-Way.
    I hear there is a good dealer in your area.
    :nod:

3. barker34

barker34 Junior Member

i would say go with the snoway definantly

see if the guy with the snoway can match the curtis.

if not you can tellem your done

4. mscincbus

mscincbus Junior Member

Check out the Western HTS or the suburbanite!

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Have you checked out a Meyer drive Pro?

If not take a look, http://www.southmainsalesandservice.com/ had a buy it now price on these units for $2750 on E-bay, I bet if you called Ray up there at South Main in St. Johnsbury, VT he would do the same deal? Worth a shot?

Good Luck

Jay

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you set them up as equals he might, that means giving up the down pressure and wireless remote.

And what Curtis blade are you considering? Their site does not list any units matching your description. The home pro is the proper weight but is only 7 foot and 24" high.

http://www.curtiscabs.com/SnowAndIceControl/default.aspx?ID=38&name=div2

I do not think either one of these units would be a good match for a full size pick up truck. I know you will not find a half ton ton mount for the Snoway. Since Curtius does not have their fit guide on the Internet (that I could find) I can not comment on the availability of half ton mounts for the home pro.

7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

How would the Blizzard 720LT compare to these other plows?