1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which would be better fit for 06 Explorer.

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Tahoe99, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Hi all -

What would be a better choice for an 06 Explorer:

6' -6" S/U Western or 6-8 Homesteader ?

Thanks all.

PS: Would be used for my and neighbours driveway 100-150 ft.

2. xl1200c

xl1200c Junior Member
    from nj

I would go with a Western suburbanite or the homesteader. Its a great plow for a SUV.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

meyers just just a launched a whole new line you should there stuff out

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well do you want a yellow plow or a red one. As the western surbanite and Fisher homesteader is the same unit, just different color poly.

5. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Did not know they are the same...
    Thanks

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

22 series Snoway DP and wireless control.

7. PLOWMAN45

snowway no way i hate those plows

8. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Ever own one? Especially within the last few years? They have ironed out all the solenoid issues and I can speak from experience (I've owned Meyer, Fisher, Western, Boss & SnoWay previously), I will only buy SnoWay from here on out. But just like everything else, we all have (and deserve) our own preferences.

In regards to which plow for the Explorer, check out the SnoWay with down pressure if you have any backdragging to do. It will do a much nicer job the any of the lightweight competitors. JMO.

9. PLOWMAN45

i wont pay 4500 lexan plastic

10. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

7'6" 26 Series Steel - 4000 installed
    " " " Poly - 4100 installed
    " " " S/S - 4500 installed

9'1" 28V Steel - 4650 installed

9' 32 Sereis Steel - 4600 installed

6'8" 22 Series Poly - 3250 installed (perfect for his Explorer)

The poly blade is not all they offer. When you combine the available blade choices, the down pressure system, the strong, fast & reliable hydraulics, and the rugged design of the frame to the competition, they are much better and more versitile. But like I said before, we all have our preferences and that is what keeps the world turning. I just don't think that you should go and bash something that you have no experience with. Happy Plowing!!

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's OK man we speak the Queens English you don't need to use pidgin English for our benefit.

If that was an attempt to say you don't like polycarbonate, they also offer both mild and stainless steel.

If you want to spend less money, drop some of the options. snoway in the same form as other plows (gravity drop, wired control, mild steel skin) are highly price competitive, while being technology leaders. Others are now finding they need to imitate things Snoway has been doing for years such as the space frame technology for mold boards. other Snoway exclusives include. Pulse controlled hydraulics, computer grade connectors, plow mounted 12v motor sol, wireless remote control, and a unique bell crank and ram lift system that provides superior stacking and back dragging abilities and the quietest operation of any plow out there. With a simple hydraulically assisted hook up featuring no loose pins and spring loaded connections they are easy to mount on the vehicle The 22 and 26 series are available with Urethane cutting edges at the same cost as steel.

Snoway has gotten away from the molded plugs, using all military grade weather proof connectors. Their EIS headlight wiring contains no relays, switches, isolation modules, nothing that will fail or corrode internally.

If you are interested in a plow designed in this century, using the best technology available today check out Snoway with their 2 year whip to controller "bumper to bumper warranty and 5 years on black iron they lead the industry in warranty coverage.

Must be a Snoway guy out there plowing circles around somebody or is it prejudice, the Webster's definition "a fear based on lack of knowledge?"

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I had a sno-way with DP on a Jeep is it a very good plow.
    It worked very well on that vehicle.
    It too would be a good choice.

13. PLOWMAN45

tell me when when mount system doesnt work or the hydraulic system doesnt work how will you get you plow back to the shop its i been is the buisness since 85

14. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Same way I would with my Boss, Hiniker and Meyer/western or my sno-way when I owned one.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  15. PLOWMAN45

this is just imo boss hinker snowway

16. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

You can use your jack to raise the plow or run it up a frozen pile
    or use a come-a-long some folks use a ratchet strap.
    Then chain it up.

I use a chain .I suppose on the hiniker I could relocate a pin and it would be locked up but I being lazy would probably just chain it up also.

The only one I needed to chain up was the mayer/western*.
    The others we fixed and were on our way.

*My meyer now has a western power unit.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:dizzy:let me guess this is one of those word scramble puzzles isn't it?

*western suburbanite, fisher homesteader

18. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Basher
    "With the Snoway you use the travel lock that "
    ;)
    I forgot about that.....I never had to use it.

19. PLOWMAN45

didnt know you were an english major

20. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Tangent

Boy, you guys really got off on a tangent on that one....Consider a SuperPLow for the explorer? You'll need a Class III hitch but will spend half of the payup for two driveways...Just an idea...