1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Wagner for Best Application?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Dano50, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Hey Guys,

We are trying out different sprayers to recommend for applying Fluid Film in bulk. We tried the Eastwood Undercoating Gun that sells for $19.99 and found it does a terrific job. Now we wanted to see which paint sprayer works the best.

Any recommendations?

2. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Soundproofing & Undercoating Spray Gun

Dano50,

If you are looking for different spray guns to try still, there is one that is sold by chemicar. It's a soundproofing & undercoating gun. I have talked w/ Geno at Chemicar, and there was a distributor of fluid film that was suppose to send him a sample so he could try it out in that spray gun I mentioned above. Geno still has not received a sample to try it out as I have called three separate times. It it a spray gun that I am looking at since I have a compressor that has a rating of 6.2 cubic feet per minute @ 90 PSI, and this gun has a rating of 3-4 @ 60 psi. Not sure what you think about sending a sample to the company, but thought I would offer up some information. Geno thought that it might work, since I've read several times that Fluid Film is roughly the consistency of paint. Here's the website w/ the undercoating spray gun:

http://www.chemicar.com/spraygun_sound.php

3. Dano50

from CA

Thanks for the input! We certainly would send a sample for testing purposes.

4. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Dano50,

If you send chemicar a sample of the fluid film to try out, could you post back here to let me know what you find out about the sprayer?

5. Dano50

from CA

Absolutely. That is exactly why we are testing out different sprayers, so we know the best ones to recommend.

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

not to be a thread theif,lol...but since we are on the topic of spraying bulk FF, I have a quick question. I have an old 2 gallon sprayer that I used for round up. I dont use it anymore and wondering if that would work to spray FF??? You can adjust the spray on the nozzle too. Again sorry for the hi-jack:eek:

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Let me predict what Dan will say
    "Sydenstricker Landscaping, Fluid Film tends to be of the thick consistency therefore you will have a hard time getting the Fluid Film out of the sprayer. Sydenstricker Landscaping you will want to go get you self a paint gun (Dan Recommends ........). I would like to thank you for your interest in our product."

I think that the FF is too thick for a sprayer

Dan Please Comment

8. Dano50

from CA

You were very close, Supper Grassy, very close! :nod:

Fluid Film is about the viscosity of a house paint. You will not be able to get enough pressure for proper atomization using a pump-type sprayer. The best thing we've found so far are undercoating guns. There is a cheap one ($19.95), that we tested made by Eastwood that did an excellent job. Here is the link: http://eastwood.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=undercoating+gun

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Dan i will commit that to memory for next person that asks

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Thanks guys!!!:waving: I have used it a few times on my plow and trailer, but only with the spray can. I want to get a gallon to do the underside of my truck. I will look into that spray gun.

11. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

All this talk about applicators seems to be about the air powered ones. I don't have an air compressor at home, is there and electric sprayer that would work as well. I am assuming that bulk is cheaper than the spray cans and would consider bulk but I don't own a sprayer of any kind (besides aerosol for ff) so any input would be nice. thanks

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007