1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Vacuum Port?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MTCK, Jan 29, 2002.

1. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Hey guys, I have an HEI unit on my 83 pickup with NO ESC and a vacuum advance and my question is this: on the front of my Edelbrock Performer carb, there are two vacuum ports, one for full manifold vacuum, and one for partial. I've gotten conflicting opinions from local mechanics as to which one my distributor needs.

Also might as well ask a quick carb question. Anyone ever try edelbrock's performer RPM quadrajet? It's gotten great reviews in the 4 wheeling magazines I've seen it tested in. What about their performer q-jet? Thanks all.

Marcus

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

You should connect the distributor to the one with no vacuum at idle, the other one is for PCV. Just connect a vacuum gage and you will have your answer.

3. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Thanks, I'll do that. There's actually 3 ports on the front: 1 for PVC, and two different ones for the vacuum advance on the distributor (different types on different vehicles I guess), and comes with a cap to block off the one you don't use.

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

The third one is usually for EGR signal.