1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which V Plow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FEZHUNT, Feb 9, 2010.

1. FEZHUNT

FEZHUNT Junior Member
    from IOWA

Starting to look seriously for a V-Plow, Would like to have a trip edge and 8 1/2' going to mount it on a 04 Duramax 2500. What do you guys like and or dislike about your V-Plows and what kind are you running and or recommend. Thanks

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i dont own one but if i did it would be a western from all the searches i did. what kind of dealers do you have around you for support? western would be my number one and boss number 2. western gets my vote!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go with the Boss V plow.

Lock this thread now!:)

4. FEZHUNT

FEZHUNT Junior Member
    from IOWA

Does Boss make a trip edge?? I have Hiniker, Boss, Western and Snoway dealers near me.

5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

x2.........:nod:

6. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

depends im on the same debate between boss and western but the boss dealer is so far and i never go that way and its on a crap road so im leaning towards western.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since Boss plows don't break it's not that important on how far they are. Most parts you can pick up in local part stores.

8. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

I have had western in my family for generations and they are not like they used to be. mine barely gets any use and it sucks and from all my research and reading threads on this site any other make seems like someone is asking how to fix something on all these plows except boss. and if it does need to be fixed its older and paid for itself, just what ive noticed over the last year of researching for my next blade, boss is the way to go

9. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

I just wish boss would make a v blade with double acting cylinders and a trip edge........

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go with a Boss and be done shopping

11. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I love my Fisher XtremeV.... This is my second season with it, I've only had 2 problems with it, first was a blown hydraulic line, caused by drivers side wing getting clipped by an oncoming big rig wandering into my lane, tweaked the outside edge of the wing, but still usable after replacing the hydro-line... Second problem was the $5.84 pin that pins the push bar to the head gear fell out, cotter pin either fell out (maybe installation error) or else maybe pin was damaged/fractured from hit from big rig then broke and fell out at later date??? either way neither problem was the fault of Fisher...

Matthew

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Oh boy! here we go,lol:popcorn: :drinkup: I love my Fisher Extreme v BTW

13. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I like my Snoway MegaV now thats gonna spark the talk right. I been Fisher until last season and now the MegaV mounts faster on uneven ground and the downpressure is amazing, I wish you could ask the guy that plows the lot next to the one I do, he has asked me to scrape that lot for him cause his fisher doesn't get down to pavement like mine. I love it.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

15. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

dealer support

As I have stated before the Boss vs Western/Fisher debate will go on for ever with no clear winner. Go with dealer support! All plows break what matters is how fast you can be up and running again. Get references from the dealers existing customers, actually check their parts inventory, do they have service loaners? Can you get a hold of someone at 3 am???