1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which v blade to get

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lucky921, Oct 23, 2014.

1. lucky921

lucky921 Senior Member
    from dracut

We have new accounts where v blade will help out so we want to up grade from stage blades thanks

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

what brand of plows do you run now?

3. lucky921

lucky921 Senior Member
    from dracut

Fisher but thinking boss

4. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

What size? Go with the Fisher.

Friend runs both (Only because he gets the boss's at basically cost). Says Fisher makes a better plow.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No sense in switching brands. Stay with what you have

6. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

I bought a Fisher XV2 last fall (previously had a Fisher straight blade) and have been quite pleased with it especially the scoop feature. The only problem I've had is with o rings breaking. It's a pain to return to the dealer but they give good service and the plow is under warranty for another season. I'm hoping the o ring problem will be fixed by then.

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Whatever dealer will take the best care of you during the storm, IMO. If it's the same dealer for both, I'd stick with one brand, unless I were planning to convert my fleet.

8. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Fisher xv2.

9. slplow

If your happy with your fisher dealer then go with the fisher. I have a fisher v my self and it scrapes great. I hate to say it but for my new truck i bought the dreaded meyer v2.

10. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I have had both and I personally like fishers better. My two boss v plows both had tons of problems with the hinges. And once they broke the plow wasn't the same.

11. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

I have had Meyer, Fisher, Western and Boss. We have fallen for Boss. I have a new 9' 2"DXT (love it) and a 10' DXT on the way. 5 - 9' 2"VXT's, 1 - 8' Boss Straight and 1 - 8'Western Straight. DXT is hands down awesome compared to our VXT's.
    Just my 2 cents.

12. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What is wrong with the Myers V2?

13. tbi

tbi Member
    from CNY

After running Fishers for 40 some years 7 years ago we switched to Hinikers. I haven't looked back one bit.

14. slplow

Other than it's slower than my fisher but no slower than my blizzard 810 was. I don't know. I Thought if the city of Boston was having great luck with them and they are switching all there to meyer v 2 , I would have good luck as well.

15. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Well slow could be a game changer. Thanks for the information.

16. lucky921

lucky921 Senior Member
    from dracut

Thanks for the info

17. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I have 10.5 Meyer SV-2 that was brand new last winter and I hate it. It replaced a 9' Lot Pro that was new the previous winter that I hated as well. Had Meyer wings on the lot pro that broke the outer support rib on the plow, so got rid of it for the SV2. SV2 wouldn't make it through one storm without a valve braking and it would no longer hold in scoop mode. One wing would slowly drift back while plowing and I was constantly having to bump the forward button for whatever wing was screwed up to keep bumping it back forward. Would alternate between right and left side, one storm right side, get it fixed. Next storm other side, get it fixed. Spent about as much time at dealer for repairs as I did plowing. My current SV2 will be the last Meyer I ever own. I will say that prior to the lot pro, I had a Meyer CP-8 that lasted about 6 years with almost no trouble. Only got rid of it because I went from a F250 to a F550 chassis cab, so needed bigger plow.

18. straightlinelan

straightlinelan Member

I have been running westerns for years. I had gone thru the unimount to ultramount transition. In 2006 and 2007 we started switching to Boss. We got 2 straight blades and where quite pleased. In 2009 we got our first vxt and really liked it. We have been slowly switching over all new trucks to boss. They really stand behind their product, tech support is great, dealer support is good, and we really like the fact that Boss plows are interchangeable.

19. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

X2, I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices how good their tech support is. Douglas Dynamics is terrible IMO for customer service. With Fleet Flex, their stuff is becoming interchangeable now though. Only years behind.

20. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I have a couple Snowdogg vx85/vxf95 plows and they seem just fine to me.

Our local dealer is open during all storms and stocks most anything you would need in a pinch.

The local dealer also sells boss, but SnowDogg was cheaper and is stainless.

I also have 3 Snowdogg/Scoopdogg 16' box pushers for my loaders and Snowdogg/Saltdogg salt spreaders for my pickups.

Once you start with a brand its easiest to stick with it so your not going to different dealers for every plow.

Also ordering the new Snowdogg skid steer plow to try out.