1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which type plows better?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J HIsch, Nov 23, 2003.

1. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

In your opinions or experience which plow better F350 dump with duals or regular 1/2 ton 4x4?
  2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

the f-350 dump is a much more powerful truck that can handle a bigger plow and take more abuse. but it is bigger then a 1/2 ton truck and is harder to plow in tighter areas with. the 1/2 ton wont be as powerful to plow with but it will plow better in tighter areas.:)
  3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Give me the F350 any day. A truck like this would allow you to take on larger jobs and make you more money and IMO this outweighs the trucks lack of maneuverability in tight areas.
  4. Barberry Hill

Barberry Hill Junior Member

plwoed with both

I have used both the ford dually and dodge 4x4 for years.
    The dually carries the sander and performs other essential farming tasks. This truck is really on good for parking lots or roadways. Forget the dually for tight work or residential type work; it will just be a frustration. Certainly carries the sander smartly though and piles of manure and hay. I would think about the total use you plan for the truck.