1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which truck?!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bdlawncare, Nov 19, 2012.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Looking to pickup a new truck here in the next couple days and 2 have caught my eye. One is a 1995 dodge ram 2500 extended cab with 110,000 no plow never worked the other is right here ..http://www.evo-motor-sports.com/2001-Dodge-RamPickup2500/Used-Truck/Hamilton-NJ/531/2249084/Details.aspx#Notes... I like the fact that the second one has a dump bed don't really like the Meyers garbage on the front but w.e... I figured to put a mount on the other one is about 1200.00 and dump bed about 1500 so they will wind up costing about the same. I do like the manual trans on the 2001 tho. Let me know what you guys think! Need to choose ASAP

2. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Btw both have cummins.

3. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Unless you really want an old 12V Cummins I would go with the newer truck. It has quit a few less miles and from the sounds of it it is already setup the way you want it minus the plow brand I guess.

4. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Yah the only thing that kinda scares me is all the spray paint underneath looks like someone was trying just cover **** up. Does 18,000 for that truck seem a little high to anyone else?

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Yes 18,000 does seem quite high and I guess I didn't notice the paint. Is the 1995 pretty clean and whats the price on it?

6. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

The 1995 was owned by a 71 year old guy, garage kept 0 rust tool box extended cab. Brand new bf goodrich at's and he's asking 12,500. It looks very clean from the photos,
    and he said it was pretty much spotless.

7. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I have owned both of those trucks... As to which one is better??? I would have to say the 1995 with 700 000km on the clock. Those p pumped 5.9's are indestructable !!!!

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

12v > 24v and I also own both.

9. blk90s13

A bit high for a 95 as well, some people think if its diesel they can ask a million bucks !!!!!!

10. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

12 valve! I'd sell my 06 if I could find an ultra low mileage 12valve.

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

$12,000 and $18,000 are these guys insane? I'd much rather a CR (03+) for that kinda money.

12. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Id go with the 12V BUT take care of the KILLER DOWEL PIN!

downside to the 12v are leaking front covers, valve cover gaskets, and the body it is wrapped with (a bit out of date for comforts

24V VP issue is the VP44, crankcase breather container clogging the radiator, cracked dash, etc...

neither of the two have a good front end...

Find a Super Duty with a blown motor and put a P-pumped 24V in it Thumbs Up

13. NBI Lawn

I like the last part! Should be easy to find a blown up Powerstroke

14. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

the 12v has an intake mag hytech covers exhaust, and the dowel pin was taken care of... new tires last week... new front end everything @ 110,000 mi pretty much mint... dowel pin was taken care of as well as the throttle cable or w.e. The service record book weighs about 100lbs guy was very metticulous. Its pretty much mint. got the guy down to 11,500 so im picking it up this week. Thanks for the help! ill post picks as soon as i get it.

15. NBI Lawn

Great choice and in my opinion a great buy! Be sure to post pictures!

16. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure you get the truck oil sprayed before the salt starts munchin. More than likely the drive line will out live 3 truck bodies. A great choice and congrats !!!

17. blk90s13

good choice not trade me my 24v for that 12v :D

18. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Well heres the truck, been working on it last couple days, getting a new backrack with some lights:nod: and obviously its going to the shop to have the proper mounts installed for my pro plow. More pics to come:waving:

photo.jpg

19. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Clean truck, lose the stack.

20. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

It actually has duel stacks, infront of the tool box, they come through a peice of diamond plate that sits between the tool box and the front of the bed. I will probly keep them for the winter, seeing as I don't want to sPend any more money before the winter if I dont have too. I will prob change it out come spring, so the bed is more useful for landscaping purposes. But I don't mind the stacks too much :) more pics to come, love how this truck drives it's just as tight as my 2005 DD 1500 with 60,000mi. More pics to come as soon as I get a chance to wire up the lights and plow ect.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012