1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which truck would you put your money on

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowsniper1, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

new 07 chevy 3500 dmax 6 speed auto,08 f350 6.4 pstroke 5 speed auto,or 07 dodge 3500 6.7 cummins 6 speed auto
  2. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i personally would go with a cummins as they have been around forever and are proven to be near bulletproof. they also come with a solid front axle which is a big reason i chose a dodge over a chevy. fords i have just had bad luck in general with them. just my opinion.
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Chevy or Dodge. Had lots of luck with Dodge, none with Ford, and never owned a Chevy. So probably Dodge!:)
  4. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I have owned all three. dodge so far is the most dependable that I've had by a small margin over my 05 chevy. Chevy ran good, but had a lot of small annoying problems, like the steering clunk, exhaust vibrations, and brake booster going bad. I also had a 05 Ford PS. and it was seriously the worst vehicle I have ever owned period!!! 3 trannies and turbos later, I traded it for the chevy! It was only 5 months old!!!!
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A few friends of ours have fords and so far 95% of them hate the truck. My cousin calls his 01 f150 a dumpster on wheels. He wants to trade trucks with me so he can have my chevy.
  6. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Right on... DURAMAX! I love mine!
  7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

The Chevy with the Dmax, send me a PM and I can save you a few bucks on a new GM truck. I work for GM and can get you a Suppiler Discount.

Regards Mike
  8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

9. snowsniper1

10. snowsniper1

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Got something stuck in your teeth?:confused:
  12. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I'm in the market right now, I really love my Excursion, it's a great truckbut I wouldn't consider a new Super Pooper!

My choice is a 2007 Dodge 3500 6.7L CTD, 6spd AT, Mega Cab with SRW, Exhaust Brake and 4:10 gears.

JMO, I think the Dodge has sight edge over the GM in the front end area.

13. snowsniper1

14. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

My 2003 ram 2500 CTD, has 115,000 hard miles on it, this is the first truck I have ever owned over 100,000 miles. It's my plow, work, tow, and fun truck. It's towed and plowed more than its been driven normal, the only thing I've done to it, were u-joints, and ball joints at 100,000 besides normal maintenance. I've owned both chevy and fords, and I would trust this truck at 115,000 to go on a 1000 mile trip, more than I would any of my fords or chevys at 50,000... Best truck I've ever owned period and about to get a brand new one.
  15. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

gmc 99 you may have to change your username lol.

RODHALL Senior Member

FORD Run as fast a you can Navistar and ford having issues with the power stroke motors!

Chevy duramax with the allison transmission. good power train but i have seen alot of dumb (odds and ends) stuff broken

Dodge CTD 6.7L book still out i have only driven 1 with the 6.7L as with and CTD it makes boat load of power,

if the chevy and dodge were in the same price range i would leann toward the dodge. for the simple fact of i have seen CTD with 500,000 miles on a bone stock motor, CTD also put a 7 year 100,000 mile warnette on there motors. dodge gives 3/36 bumper to bumper or 7/70 power train...
  17. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

which Truck?

I DONO? All in All I personally Think? choosing One Make? over the others? IS! a Personal Choice! as they ALL will Do the JOB! their LOOKS STYLE & Prices make a Big Differance! in Buying ONE as they ALL COST to MUCH! & they ALL have their Good Points & Bad! So Get What? You Really LIKE? --Ole JIM--
  18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'd go with the Dodge first (solid front axle) and Chevy second. They have had the fewest major changes for a new release, and Ford doesn't exactly have a good history on new releases.

I have 7 Fords and 2 Dodges. 3 of the Fords are 6.0's that have not been exactly trouble free and one is a plain old POS. I love my 7.3's, though.
  19. snowsniper1

20. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

My GMC with a Duramax has been great, I love it. I would recoment it and would personly buy another for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.