1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which truck to plow with?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by theyoungun, Feb 12, 2012.

1. theyoungun

theyoungun Junior Member

Hey guys I am new to the snow plow world but not the snow removal world,ever since I was 10 years old I've been running a small time shoveling operation for neighbors. next year I will hopefully buying a plow and expanding my buisness and I have 3 trucks in mind to plow with and need to figure out which 1 would be my best bet.

1. 2007 jeep grand Cherokee
    2. 2004 chevy suburban
    3. 2007 chevy tahoe

Im not sure which truck i should use as my main plow truck. I am mainly if not only going to be doing residential properties but am hoping on taking on as many jobs as i can get. If anyone would be helpful enough to help me out with what plow truck i should use and what plow i should buy that would be great.

2. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Tahoe,forget the GC It is more of a car than truck.The sub would be fine but the tahoe will be easier to turn.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Tahoe with a Fisher SD or HT, or Boss Sport Duty or Western HTS or Midweight

4. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Definitely the Tahoe. You could run a SnowDogg MD75 Possibly a HD plow if you beef up the front end. The HD would be nice for larger lots, I run the MD on my truck and it does the job. Just takes a lil longer. Good luck!

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Damn,

That is one sweet looking dog you have there. Post some pix in the four footed friends thread here:http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=100186

I love my GS mix.. ......

uh, well, ok..... All dogs, I guess

6. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Id go with the TAHOE. I borrowed my neibors truck to do my drive this year. He has a 350 crew with 8' bed. Damn thing is just to long.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sell one or two and buy a pickup truck.

8. theyoungun

theyoungun Junior Member

Thanks guys I really like the fisher, western and BOSS plows. if i went with the Tahoe for plowing upwards of 50 residential drives would i be better off with a v plow or just a standard HD OR MD

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with the earlier posts tahoe is the way to go not as long as the tahoe and would be much easier to get into tight areas then the suburban.As far as plows I would go with a fisher mm2 SD well built plow and I've heard nothing but good things about them.Here is a thread of what other guys think about them:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=126060

10. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

11. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Id get a truck, IMO. then you can put a salter and make more $$$

12. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Tahoe can't take a V-plow or an HD.

13. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If you are going to do only driveways get a Jeep wrangler with a 7 1/2 plow It will run circles around a PU in driveway productivity.

14. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Idgo snow dogg as far as plows.

15. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Tahoe will take an HD no problem,guy I sub from has 4 of them with HD`s.