1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which toro snow blower?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by darood01, Oct 9, 2009.

1. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

I can get an older toro ccr2000 for $260 or I can get a toro snow commander for about $450.
    Which one should I get, any thoughts?

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Go to home depot look at each model. Then pick it up and pretend you are putting it into the back of a pickup 30 times. You should know which one afterwards.

3. capnsac

capnsac Member

ccr2000 if it has only seen light use, a new one if it has had heavy wear and tear. Check the paddles though, they should be new for that asking price.

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

ccr's tend to go through a few paddles order extra and order early.

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have the option of an older model? I have a S-200 and it is a beast!

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with the smaller one. You need 2 guys to lift the commander in and out of the truck, well at least in, gravity will help you on the way out. The newer models (2450/3650's) are pretty beastly machines. I would recommend one of those for around $500. Can't really go wrong.

7. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Look at the new 4 cycle Toro 180s.Wise has then for $354 with free shipping,I am going to order 4 of them.

8. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

I would go with the commander- I have two of them and they are awesome! I can lift the commander's in and out of the truck with no big problems. its very do able- i'm just a small guy at 5'7 and 153 lbs!

9. CJL

CJL Junior Member
    from MD

Link to this site?

10. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

ccr 2450, easy to pickup, throws snow a mile, and doesn't cost a ton.