1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which to wing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JDWalkbehind, Oct 6, 2009.

Which plow to put wings on?

1. Nicer looking plow that was powder coated

0 vote(s)
  2. New to me plow that doesn't look as nice

1 vote(s)
  3. Or put the wings on the new one and get a different type of wings for the nicer plow?

2 vote(s)
  1. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

ok well last year i cleaned up and powder coated my main plow, and it turned out really nice. now this year i got such a ridiculously good deal on a plow i couldn't pass it up. Also this year i'm going to put wings on one of my plows. My questions is which one? everyone i kinda talked to about it said i was crazy to think of putting them on the plow i cleaned up last year. Which was my plan. And others said i should put them on the new plow and find a different type of wing to put on the nicer plow. Thoughts? Any ideas or opinions are welcome and wanted. thanks.

truck 004.jpg

truck 005.jpg
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Put wings on the plow that you use.

And then put them on every plow.
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

put them on ur "new" plow and you will want them on every plow u own
  4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Why wouldn't you want a wing on every plow you own? Plows aren't there to LOOK GOOD!!!

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Wings on both plows!!wesport........did you find a set Nick?.....My offer on coming by my shop still stands. We are planning on doing some prep work for the season this weekend, so let me know..
  6. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

ya i found a set. I'd love to come up this weekend it'd help alot. I'm waiting on my set of wings and plow parts that i ordered over 3 WEEKS ago to get here! Gezzz.:dizzy: If i get my stuff this week i'll come up for sure. When were you planning on doing it this weekend?
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Not sure yet, Sat or Sun.? I'll know by Thurs and give you a call. Glad to here you found some wings!!