1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Tires?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dozerman21, Sep 18, 2009.

1. dozerman21

dozerman21 Junior Member
    from midwest

I have a 2002 2500HD D/A that I run 33x12.50-18 tires on 18x9 wheels in the summer. I have been using my stock wheels (16x6.5) with 285/75-16 tires to plow with, and those tires now need replaced. I would like a little bigger tire, like a 305, but I don't know if that would be too big for those wheels. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with these size wheels and tires?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Most tire manufacturer websites list approved rim widths for their tires. You might consider 255/85/16. Almost 33 inches, nice and narrrow is good in the snow.

3. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

hi ya,ive run mickey t baja claws. these have 23 degreee direction tred .aka tractor treds...softy compound...cant gert much more aggressive than these..my opinion..

4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

I always run Mud tires on my duramax, i dont care what people say the mud tires ive had eat through snow like no other and have great traction, traction isnt great on ice but they make up for it while plowing the heavy deep sh!t. Im due for tires, im gunna go with some toyo open country M/Ts.

5. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

I just put these 265's on this summer, looking forward to how well they will do.

[​IMG]

:cool:

6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

How noisy are they down the road ????

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

get some cooper st 265.75 16. They are unbeilieveable in the snow. I only ran 4x4 about a quarter of the time if that in most cases.great traction

8. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

A little, :dizzy: by next summer I hope to get an extra set of rims and tires for highway driving, etc... Luckily I don't drive this everyday to work.

Scott

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  9. DieselDan172

DieselDan172 Member
    from Mass.

I have a set of Pro-Comp MT's on my truck now & Im ordering a new set for this Winter. I'm going to Stud them up for Maxium Traction.
    265/75/16 on a 06 2500hd Duramax