1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Tires??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nboeger4, Aug 27, 2014.

1. nboeger4

nboeger4 Member

So I need a new set of tires for a 2002 Chevy 2500 HD truck gets used during the green months pulling a lawn care trailer and in the winter months with a bed spreader and plow.

Been looking at either the Firestone Destination A/T or the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S. There's about a $300 difference between them right now since the Yokohamas are on sale. Anyone have anything to say? I don't want to get a tire I will hate.

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Yeah try the search function, this has been beat to death.

3. bigkid

bigkid Member
    from Gap, Pa

Check out the hankook dynapro atm. Been running them the last 3-4 years with no complaints at all. Great traction in all weather conditions, good treadwear and they handle heavy loads great, even when over loaded. Plow mostly in 2wd but that was with a full load of treated salt in the spreader so I would expect most tires to be able to do that. They are also reasonably priced. Check them out. You won't be disappointed

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Yep. This!

5. nboeger4

nboeger4 Member

I looked through about 6 pages before I posted this and couldn't find anything...

6. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

9. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

10. Hotfeet

Hotfeet Member

I have the yokohamas. They have been really good tires. Cost less than the coopers I normally use.