1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which TG Spreader brand?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by paradise1229, Dec 10, 2010.

?

Which Spreader?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2012.
  1. Snow EX 575 / 1075 or Bulk pro 1575

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Meyer 350s or 750s

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Other: Then what do you sugest?

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

Looking at a few taigate spreaders to buy this January.

I am looking between Snow Ex and Meyer. And versatile with what ice melts can be used.

Snow EX: 575 / 1075 or Bulk Pro 1575

Meyer: 350 or 750

If other, What do you suggest?

2. paradise1229

Come on guys that says "other" I need to know what brand and model of tail gate spreader you reccomend if not any of the models I am looking at!

Time is running down till i buy this thing and I need input ASAP! All help needed please!

3. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Have you looked at the sald dogg tgs07?

4. paradise1229

Do you use one? How would you compare it to the other models I'm looking at?

5. Premier

Premier Senior Member

I had a snow ex and I was not happy with how it held up after the 2nd use the powder coat was comming off, by the 4th run it was rusting, I have a snoway on one truck and love it, never given me any troubles. I just bought a fisher this year and when the belt stays on it is great, but the belt falls off atleast 4 times a night. which is kind of getting old.

6. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

salt dogg they are are pretty decent. expect to spend 100.00 a year on a motor and you'll be happy. why spend 1700 for a magnum. overpriced junk IMO

7. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Hands down, go BOSS. Their spreaders are the best with the pulse driven motors so you don't burn them out if they get clogged.

Find another company that has that.