1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which t-case

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pmbiker, Oct 13, 2001.

1. pmbiker

pmbiker Junior Member
    from Dayton,

I'm looking a a 76 k-10 to buy. Everything I've read says that this truck with an automatic trans. will have the np-203 case. I'm almost positive that it has the 205 case and the owner claims that it's original. Was there any deviation from the 203 case? Was it an option?

2. reallyrusty

reallyrusty Member

I don't know about stock options but there should be id on the back of the case on a tag that will say np-203. You also don't say if it is a six or an eight. I believe the six came through with the 205 case.
    hope this helps

3. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

I know this isn't a sure thing, but does it have manual hubs? If not it is probably a 203 for sure. (probably for sure, how great is that).

4. pmbiker

pmbiker Junior Member
    from Dayton,

Thanks for answering my question. The truck does have a sb350 and lockout hubs, but I don't know if either are original. I have no reason to think they aren't, but the truck is being sold by a dealer and he doesn't know the history. I'm going to check the vin# and look for the I.D. tag on the t-case. The shifter has 4L-N-2H-4H on it and that's one clue that makes me think 205. Thanks again for your help.

5. reallyrusty

reallyrusty Member

If the shifter shifts as described.... thats pretty conclusive.

6. Power mad

Power mad Member
    from Oregon

Yep sounds like the 205.
    Here is the 76 K5 specs if you are interested.
    It appears that you could get the 205 but the only way to get the 203 was in an auto tranny.
    Here is a link to Blazer sales brouchers 69-91.