1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which strobe to use and allowed to use?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Boutallnite, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I have a Wrangler with a hardtop and wanted to put some strobe lights on it. I wanted to know which colors are allowed by law?
    The strobes that go on the roof with suction cups, do you think they would keep falling off of my roof since its plastic?
    Also can I use clear strobes ?
    If I put the strobes inside right up against the windshield , would it somehow get in my way?
    I found a something on ebay that can give me extra reverse lights and strobes what do you think?[​IMG]

I know its alot of questions, any answers would be good.
    Thanx

2. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

suction cups HAVE to be used on SMOOTH finish. Your wrangler has a pebble grain to it, right?? It wont work .........

3. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Suction cup won't stick to the hardtop on a Wrangler.

On my CJ, I used something like this with a FedSig Highlighter on it........

Lightbar

Mine was a little different, the bars went all the way down to the windshield hingers, but pretty much the same thing.

4. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

amber(yellow) is the only color your allowed to use

if you do hideaways you can get away with white and red as long as amber is also visible

5. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Right, forgot about that other part of the question......

In Illinois, red can only flash in the back, no white flashes. Blue and red is probably in illegal in all states.

Amber is the way to go.

6. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Color depends on the state. Check your local laws. In Ma you can use amber and clear facing in either direction, red facing rear only and no blue. I don't believe you can use green either.

7. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Thanx guys,
    I have 2 white strobes that I have, that I am gona use for the front and I think I am gona get the pair of lights in the pisture I attached. its a driving light and it has a red strobe in it. Mount those under the bumper on the back. The only thing that concerns me about them, is that they are 4", might be kind of big for the rear. But this way I can kill two birs with one stone.