1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which stake to buy

Discussion in 'Discount Snow Stakes' started by yankeerose, Nov 18, 2011.

1. yankeerose

yankeerose Junior Member

plow stakes VS your stakes both of you offer the same I'm wanting a good stake but we don't get alot of snow but see where it is a good idea to have them I'm looking to buy 100 I would be the 1st to have stakes in my area thanks

2. DiscountSnowStakes

DiscountSnowStakes Senior Member
    from Boston

well, i dont like to speak for other stake companies and their product because even though i have seen most of them, i am bias, but i will tell you this about us, in my opinion, our stakes are by far the highest quality and the lowest price... when purchasing stakes, you want to make sure your markers have 3 things:

1. reinforced cap - this protects the stakes from fraying and breaking and ultimately makes them last a lot longer

2. diameter - 5/16 is the optimum size for stakes, this also makes them more visible because of their size, and our fiberglass grade is very high, making them rigid, but also extremely flexible when needed, check our charts and photos on www.discountsnowstakes.com

3. reflective tape - no matter how fluorescent a stake company claims their stakes are, none are glow in the dark, the reflective tape is essential for spotting stakes at night, ours have extended tape and they have a lot more reflective surface

3. ToddM NJ

ToddM NJ Member

When looking at purchasing stakes, how do I know what length stakes I need??

4. DiscountSnowStakes

DiscountSnowStakes Senior Member
    from Boston

it honestly just depends on where you will be installing, how high you push your snow piles, and how much force hits the area you are plowing. the softer the ground, the deeper the stake needs to be installed. walkways are usually 4 ft stakes, so they are less intrusive etc. it really depends on the property and the amount of traffic in the area. feel free to call and discuss further. -chris 866-938-0922