1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nathanlacourse, Sep 14, 2004.

1. nathanlacourse

nathanlacourse Member

Looking to buy a spreader to spread salt/sand which one is better snowex 1875 $2420 speed caster 2 $2688
  2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I bought the Speedcaster 2 early last year. It paid for itself in a few storms. A few things about it though. If you are sanding any large areas have someone in the bed of the truck constantly refilling. It hold 1/3 yard so if you keep stopping to refill it takes a lot longer.I only paid 2100 for the unit and put it on within 3 hours.basic tools needed.some difficulty assembling the hitch portion but nothing major. Also Fisher states it will spread a lot further than it does. I have a 3 mile driveway I do and need to make 3 passes for full coverage.the belt on the bottom works like a conveyor at the supermarket and drops product onto the spinned.quite a bit falls from the spinner and leaves a little trail behind..do not fill it to the top, almost 900 #'s of sand and a lot of weight on the rear end. hope this helps.otherwise a good unit.