1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Spreader?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chace, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Chace

Chace Junior Member
    from Canada

Been Plowing with skid steers as a sub for 4 years, have been picking up a few of our own lots and have a few 1 acre lots that are requesting to be sanded. I have spare one ton i could put a sander in, just looking for recommendations on size and brand ?

2. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Really depends on your use for it. How much will you be using it and who the dealers are close to you. I wouldn't buy anything where if j got in a jam my dealer couldn't get me parts.

3. Chace

Chace Junior Member
    from Canada

only be using on 2 or 3 one to two acre sites, be using bulk salted sand, western, snow ex, and boss dealers close by

4. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I have a snow ex and it seems to be ok. Kinda chasing a wiring issue right now. The motor keeps over heating. If k was to do it again I would get the boss vbx 8000 that seems to be a really nice unit but they are expensive

5. Ice hockey

Ice hockey Member

Get a western tornado with a vibrator. We have been using their blizzard twins for 2 years now with only minor problems.