1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which spreader to choose?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ss502gmc, Sep 21, 2010.

1. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I am trying to decide on getting a 1.8 yd 3 year old ss procaster for $2800 or spend the extra $1200 on a new polycaster. I am really eager to try the polycaster as ive heard good things about the new revised models vs the first style with the rubber conveyor. Especially considering i dont have a skidteer to help with loading and i think the polycaster design would be ideal for me as i need the truck bed to haul a goose neck when its not snowing. I think the light weight and being able to slide it out by myself seems nice but im not sure that i could justify spending the extra $$ on it especially living around here in southeast Mass. So any advice,comments, or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have not used either spreader. But it sounds to me you would be better off with the poly caster since you have to take it out after every storm.