1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which spreader do I need?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cameo89, Dec 21, 2009.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I for the most part drop around 300+lbs of salt by hand, it's gettin old, so what will be the best spreader for my needs? If it matters I run a Boss blade & I plow banks/rite aids&gas stations.
  2. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

I have a Snow ex 575 and have had good luck with it. It holds 400 pounds of rock salt and is quick and easy to put on the truck. it has variable speed that works great around cars in the parking lot so you don't ding them up. I would recommend It.
  3. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I would agree the 575 is a good spreader, i have one and like it, but would purchase a 1070 if i was to do it over so it would have the vibrator kit.
  4. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

I never had a problem with salt hanging up with mine. I use only bagged salt though. At the end of spreading I just tap my brakes on my truck to shake it off the ribs. I do not fill the spreader up until I am ready to salt if I do it will just pick up moisture and pack in like a rock and have a hard time starting. Besides the fact I don't want that much weight bouncing around back there.
  5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I got my eye on a Boss TGS600 I found one for a little over $1200, I have seen them $1500+ but I would want to upgrade to the rt-3 hookup, thats slick!
  6. turb0diesel

turb0diesel Senior Member

western 1000
  7. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Sno EX mini 575 mine works great, I modified mine to tilt down so I could get into my box look up my screen name and you'll see pictures of it good luck.
  8. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

look at the SnowEx 575. Easy off and on application for one person.