1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which snowblower for toolcat?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kirby ent, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

I purchased a toolcat today!
    Which snowblower are you running? I am looking at the Erskine 2400. It is 73 inches for the smallest model that takes high flow? It seems the 61" is not a high flow model which concerns me, but the width is ideal.
    Thanks Mike
  2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

If you contact Erskine directly....

If you contact Erskine directly they will put together whatever you want/need wider, high flow, low flow whatever you need.
  3. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

i HAVE.....

but wanted to hear from experience!
  4. snow white

snow white Member

toolcat blower

i run the bobcat 60" blower on my toolcat,it is identical to erskine blower,if your toolcat is high flow get the high flow blower it will move more snow,do not run in four wheel steer when plowing or blowing,the machine ,if you ride your front wheels up of the ground when working the machine make sure you have the dealer bypass the wheel sensors or the machine will shutdown ,not fun happened all last winter pain in the ***.the machine works the same with the sensors bypassed and only takes five minutes.carry a fuel jug these have real small tanks and when the low fuel is on its near out and a real pain to prime as the squeeze ball is under the pass side and hard to reach get some fuel line and extend it so you can reach it get the dealer to show u how to prime it ...........the turf tires are not great i n snow the other ones are ok.i have a used one i will sell it has 900 hours........$32000 can....
  5. snow white

snow white Member

erskine 1812 is a high flow 60" blower,bobcat blowers are the same get one from the dealer sb 2400 sb 200 regular flow............caterpilar blowers will work of there skids..............
  6. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

toolcat kicks ass with 8' boss and we put on truck snow tires,plows like a pick-up.:yow!:
  7. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

I already have a toolcat but thanks for the advice about the bypass - I would have been screwed for sure.
    I thought the Erskine blower was better then the bobcat blower?
    Thanks Mike
  8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

it is my understanding that erskine makes bobcats blowers. there was a thread not to long ago talking about this. :)
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why won't it plow\blow in 4 wheel steer?

When the front wheels came off the ground, did you have it in float?