1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which snow pusher is most universal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cpmnate, Dec 17, 2013.

1. cpmnate

cpmnate Junior Member

Hello my first post here I just purchased a case 621B wheel loader to help take some stress off my skidsteer operators and speed up operations but I need to get a snow pusher for it I would like a kage system but don't want to spend the 14000 plus this year so I am looking at protech pushers but not sure what size to get or what edge type steel or rubber any info would be greatly appreciated Thank You

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

don't spend the money twice

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed. Buy the kage, its good for more than one season!

Plus you have to spead money to make money.

4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

You can find some really nice used pro-techs and sell them when you want to purchase a Kage and not lose much at all! Depending on your properties and the contour of the asphalt anything between a 12-16 ft pusher. 16ft might be a little big on wet heavy snow but would be able to still get the job done.

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Get a used protech. They are reasonably priced, you can chain it up easy, (although mine are all couplers)
    and then sell it for what you paid if it's in decent shape. While I do like some of the newer trip edge pushers, I've bought all my protects in the $2-3k range and then welded up the couplers myself.
    As far as size, much over14' and you'll have trouble in wet or heavy snows with the 621b.
    I find 12' most versatile. Easy to road and fits in more spots than a 14 footer.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Personally I can't see the benefit in buying a Kage when you can buy a wing plow and have all the benefits of Kage but have a 20ft angle plow as well. Buy a used Protech and save up for wing plow, as it will pay for itself very quickly with saving in labor and fuel. On another note, I would not buy a pusher without steel trip.

7. cpmnate

cpmnate Junior Member

Thank you for all the great info I am hoping this machine and pusher will speed up our route as far as the mounting choice this loader has a jrb coupler do you think it would be better to weld the brackets on the snow pusher or just chain it to the bucket? How big of a plow do you think this machine would handle, and where should I look for one? thank you

8. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

We used 2 of the 4 new kAGE plows we got this yr ,, one is a 10 foot on a Newholland skid , and a 14 on a 924k cat loader ,, we really like them its so nice to drop and go ,,, roads , parking lots , dead end streets , it was all super easy with this KAGE , We have been plowing for many yrs now and have used allot of diff plows and pushers , after using the new KAGE , Well I bought the outer 2 KAGE plows another,,, 14 foot for my Case 521 , with a JRB quick change and a 10 toof for my case skid , traded in 2 artic pushers I dont think I will be missing them

9. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Couple it if possible, many times you will want just a bucket on and its a pain to unchain/rechain every time.