1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which snow blower, tracks or no tracks?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by syzer, Dec 4, 2008.

1. syzer

syzer Member

Hey guys, did a search couldnt really find any definitive information. I am looking to pick up a snow blower this year, I was thinking of ariens, one thread said to avoid them.

It will be used for walks at condominiums.

Also, I see that there is a huge price difference between a tracked version and a wheeled version, is it worth the money to pay for the tracks? We dont get a whole lot of events here, and when they come they are usually no more than 4"ish.

Thanks ahead!

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Get the wheeled ones. I have one of each and the wheeled is alot more muneverable and faster. they are the same. when I got them i thought i will try both. they both work great, but in the future i will keep buying wheeled ones.

3. syzer

syzer Member

Thanks! After a bit more research I think I am going to get an army of little toros. Seems everyone is happy with them and they are easy to get in and out of trucks so the guys dont kill themselves or damage anything!

4. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

Do you get alot of heavy snowfalls? A single stage thrower is a must for all snowfalls under 6". They are very light, fast, simple, throw snow far. I bought 2 Airens, and they work amazing. You won't neede a ramp to unload them off the truck which saves time. Otherwise I run airens snowblowers and I am very happy with there performace.

5. syzer

syzer Member

Nah, we usually just get a few events a year and they are anywhere from 2-5" rarely more. Thats why once I started reading I think these little ones are the way to go!

6. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

We use Toro 3650 single stage blowers. They are our blower work horse. They are light, one guy can take it on and off the trucks.