1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which snow blower to buy?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LawnInOrder, Mar 20, 2007.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder Junior Member

well i know it is the end of the season but i always like to looks for good deals. I am in need of a single stage snowwblower becasue it is light enough i can throw it in the back of my truck without using ramps. I have a 2 stage snowblower already anyways. I would be using this single stage blower on about 10-15 sidewalks approx 4' wide X25' long. What company would you recommend and model number. Was looking at toro's or ariens. let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Toro Powerlite. 3.25 hp and 38 lbs. It will work on 98% of the snow falls and when it doesnt you will need a two stage.

3. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Toro 3650, hands down, best blower I have used, will work on most any snow except the larger snow falls. I have a couple 8 and 10hp units that only get used if there isnt a 3650 around.

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have a toro 3650 it throws snow 35ft but its heavy 75lbs also have a powerlight
    we use the powerlight more than the 3650

JR

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

3.25 hp is deff. not enough of power. I would go with atleast a 5hp. With that being said, i have a honda 5 hp, and this thing is a beast. I have also used the toro 6.25? hp. Of the two, i prefer honda. Their much quieter, use regular gas, weigh less and just work better for me. This snowblower will work up to 12'' snowfalls without a problem.

6. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Another thing to consider is parts, I can get new paddles and wearbars for the little toro's for about 30.00 per blower, My friends that have the honda said there about 100 per blower, just something to consider

7. CARDOCTOR

toro 2yr fix everything warranty-5yr warranty to start 2 pulls

JR

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

True, But personally i prefer honda. Much quieter than the toro's.

9. LawnInOrder

thanks guys. I was looking at the Toro 3650 and most of the guys recommend it so imma look for one. How much should i expect to pay for a new one?. thanks for all the replies

10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Toro, Toro and Toro. Just make sure to run all the gas out at the ned of the year. You just can't hurt them.

Regards Mike

11. CARDOCTOR

think i paid $600.00

JR

12. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

We had a slow start to winter here, picked mine up for $406.00 out the door. Should have bought a couple more.:cry:

13. LawnInOrder

yea that is a great price. My deaqler has it for about $550. Thats alot of money IMO. anyone have a site online that my be cheaper? Thanks LawnInOrder

14. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I have an Ole Sears track Blower works Good but inquiring? every one Here Central Maine tell Me TORO is the Blower to BUY! a Two stage model Garranteed to Start {2} Pulls! or the Dealer will Fix for FREE! I like My Sears s it Does the JOB its a bit Larger than I like but its a Two Stage & Blows Snow better than Most I have Seen! & I*M HAPPY! as I got a Deal on it yrs Ago! I prefer My Blower compaired to a Plow as I can Put ALL the Snow Exactaly where I want IT --OleTower--

15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Toro CCR2450 and a Toro CCR Powerlite. I'm planning on adding either a Toro or Ariens 2 stage unit for next season.

16. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I use a Snapper Snow King...starts in one pull, 5hp and light enough to toss in my truck without throwing out my back. Anywhere from $450 to $650.