1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Sno-way plow for my 2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BruceLyon, Dec 23, 2011.

1. BruceLyon

BruceLyon Junior Member

Hi, I have a "new to me" 2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4, and I wonder who has experience with mounting a Sno-way on this truck...and which Sno-way I should put on it?

Thanks, Bruce Lyon

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Well, it seems you only have 2 to pick from. I also haven't used one myself, but when I look at a plow I look at how it mounts to the truck first. I don't want a snow plow that has any thing hanging on the front of my trruck after I take the plow off. I know the snow Daog plows have the mount that hangs low on the truck when you take the plow off. Now look at a Fisher or Western and you don't have that problem.I have heard some good thing about there plows, but you have to be the one that is happy.Good luck

3. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

I'd say whichever plow you get better say western or boss on it. Personally i prefer western, but you couldnt give me a snow way.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why's that???

5. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

i'm gonna guess because he saw an opportunity to raise his post count, bash a product he has never tried, hide behind his avatar, and feel cool all at at the same time.

Why cant people that have nothing of value to add just S.T.F.U.?:mad:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  6. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

All personal feelings aside, Get what ever you have the best local dealer support for. the "Best" plow in the world doesn't do you any good if it takes 3 weeks to get parts during a breakdown.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8. BruceLyon

BruceLyon Junior Member

Thanks Ugly truck...I agree wholeheartedly on both accounts. I want to work with my local shop, but they don't have the knowledge that Basher does...who is 5 hours away.....I am awaiting response from the Ram "Body Building Group" in Detroit, who is on corporate Holiday...untill 1/3, so if anyone has any specific insight that would help, I'd sure appricaite it! Here's the email I sent them:

"What Chassis does my 2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab have?

Hello,

I want to mount a “Sno-Way” brand plow rig on my Ram 1500, with Hemi, Vin number 1D7HU8297S204691.

The Sno-Way web site specs a 26” “Light commercial” plow for 2007 Ram 1500 4x4 trucks, and specs a heavier weight “Commercial” 29” HD plow rig for 2007 Ram 1500 “MEGA CAB”4x4 trucks.

Mine is NOT a mega cab, but a quad cab, (just a little bit smaller cab). I want to be absolutely sure I buy the right plow.

Based on info I’ve gotten from a very knowledgable SnoWay dealer, apparently the Mega cab 1500 trucks were built on a ¾ ton chassis, while the other 1500 4x4s were built on a ½ ton chassis.

Can you please confirm for me what chassis my truck is built on, so I can determine which plow to buy?

Thanks in advance for your help!"

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it is NOT a Mega cab then you want the 26 series.

10. BruceLyon

BruceLyon Junior Member

That's correct, it is NOT a Mega Cab, it's a quad cab...The Mega Cab was built on a 3/4 ton cahssis, and as such takes a 29. The 26 series is back ordered from the facory three weeks, but I was able to find a guy in NY with inventory, so I'm gettin it mounted this week...Thanks for your input!