1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Sno-Way is it?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Smitty62, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Smitty62

Smitty62 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Have a friend that just bought a '88 Dodge Raider (re-branded Montero, mini SUV) with a Sno-Way unit on it and trying to find out what model it is to get Owner/Parts manuals. It's a 6'8" poly blade w/ a poly cutting edge. I first thought ST series but the pictures in the manual don't look right. Then figured from research the 18DX series but that doesn't look right either. Can't read the model # on the pump, any ideas on what model plow this might be? Worked for a while when he bought it and now all of a sudden absolutely nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

88 Dodge Raider!!!! I have one of those. Does your buddy's have the Paris to Dankar package? Great little trucks.

As for the plow take a picture of the blade and the pump or the pump control plug and maybe we can help.

Is the control plug metal or plastic? What color is the moldboard?

3. Smitty62

Smitty62 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I haven't personally seen the truck or blade yet, just been working based on 6'8" all poly plows that Sno-Way offers for light pickups and SUV's and was running out of options. Showing him the parts manuals we haven't found one yet that matches his. He believes it's an older unit and said the electrical hookup looks like the old round 7-pin trailer plugs. Was working great in all directions and all of a sudden nothing, I'd have to suspect the pump motor solenoid.

I may get a look at it today or tomorrow and will try to get a pic.

4. Smitty62

Smitty62 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Well, I didn't get a chance to look at it or take pics this past weekend. Buddy did look and the only numbers he can find are on the pump assembly. Not sure if this helps in the least but from what I can gather (he says writing was very faded) it appears the pump may be a Monarch M-683.

Still trying to catch him around to take some pics.