1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which size SnowBear??? 82, 84, or 88" ???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Jettix2, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

OK, a couple local places have put the SnowBears on sale for end-of-season clearance.

SB50 (82x19) is on sale for $919.00 at Lowes. 74.5" plowing path when angled.

WinterWolf WW1000 (84x22) is on sale for $982.00 at Sam's Club here in town. 76.5" plowing path when angled.

There is a larger size available, via special order, from a few online places, for about $1500.............it is the SB200 (measures 88x26). 80" plowing path when angled.

Truck is a 2006 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4WD.

I would like to go with the biggest size that will not obstruct my headlights or cooling system.

SnowBear, Inc told me to go measure the front of the truck...... In measuring the truck, the mid-size plow (84x22) looks like it fits the truck the best. Any thoughts???

Ben

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  2. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

I'm buying the 84x22 plow from Sam's Club tonight;)

After measuring the frontal area of my '06 Toyota Tundra Double-Cab, I think that'll be just about the right size.

It's halfway in-between the smaller and larger plows offered by SnoWay and Fisher/Western (Homesteader/Suburbanite).

:)........Boy, I'm excited not to have to snow-blow the driveway any longer!!!!

Ben

3. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Hope you enjoy it. Mine works well.