1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which size plow?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mmtwin, Oct 19, 2007.

1. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

Just bought 01 chevy2500hd.Already has fisher three plug for MM. Was wondering which size blade fits the mounts. Mounts are 29 inches on center. Is this for 7 1/2 or 8 foot plow assembly?

Thanks Mike
  2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I could be wrong, but I think all the spacings are the same for the Fishers- meaning you could put on an 8' or 7.5'. Personally, I'd go with an 8', that's what I have on my truck- can't wait to plow with it this winter!
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

you are correct.....except for i think the LD may not work on that as it has differnet push plate dimesions!!....i agree with mkwl, go with the 8footer!
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

8' or 9' would work fine on your truck. we run 9' plows on our 2500hds and they handle the weight fine.
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

8' all the way. I think the LD still has the same dimensions, but I may be wrong.
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

you're right, i was thinking of the homesteader!!!
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

According to the web site the weights are 8'-717, 8'6"-731 and 9'-745 plus the mount of approx. 60lbs. If the 9' fit every where you plow that is what I would choose.
  8. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

8.0 or 8.6 would work fine for you.