1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which should I put a plow on?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by VtRv, Mar 13, 2005.

1. VtRv

VtRv Junior Member
    from Vermont

I'm trying to decide if I should put a plow on my 02 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with a duramax, or my 97 Jeep Wrangler.

I'm going to be plowing my driveway and taking on one or two plow jobs.

I've been leaning toward the Jeep thinking that it would be easier to manover, but it also seems if I have a big truck it would be a better pusher.

My driveway is only about 150' long and there would be some back dragging.

The plow job I'm taking on is a long driveway about 2/10 of a mile with a tight circular drive at the end. There isn't much extra room at the end of the drive to push snow. It would also require back dragging in front of the garage.

I'm really torn between a 6'8" Snoway or 6'6" Meyers for the Jeep or a 8' or 8'6' Fisher or other brand for the Chevy.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

97 Jeep Wrangler.

I would put the plow on the jeep if you are going to be doing small parking lots and driveways. Yet if you want to get into more commercial plowing to 2500 is the only way to go.

* My bet is with in 2 years you will have a plow on both :p

Welcome to plow site :waving:

3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Go with the 02 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with a duramax, you will be sorry if you don't. Just my 2 cents

4. LBailey

LBailey Junior Member

Go with the 2500HD and Fisher over time you will pick up more jobs.

5. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I vote for the 2500 duramax. The Jeeps blow up too easily.

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Duramax. If you go with the Jeep, I'd definitely opt for the snoway over the meyers. downpressure.

7. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

I vote for the chevy. if you did want to do more then you will have the power and the plow size to do it. my 0.02