1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which should I choose?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by The Duke, Nov 7, 2007.

1. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

OK, so I have the choice of 2 plows right now.

1. 5 year old Unimount with everything I need to put it on my truck and use it, but it is 7.5'. $1400, but I would have to drive an hour and a half to get it.

2. 1988 (almost 20 year old) Unimount with everything to put it on my truck and use it. It is an 8'. $800 obo.

Which would be my best bet? It will be on my 1991 F250.

Thanks.

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

got other option for ya how about a two year old boss 7'6" striaght blade for $2,000?

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What ever you do get at least an 8ft+ plow for your full size truck.
    A plow that is any narrower will not clear a path wide enough for your truck.
    You will be driving over the snow packing in down if you have to turn at all while you are windrowing.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I completely agree whit Snofarmer. 8' at the very minimum.

5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

hay hay hay, u two are killin me here I'm trying to get rig of this thing (LOL)