1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which should I buy?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by aspenplow, Feb 25, 2008.

1. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

Hey Guys!
    Ok so I'm in a delimma..I am looking at purchasing to different trucks..
    Truck #1: 1999 f250 Powerstroke stock with M.T. 180,000 miles for $12,000
    Truck #2: 2005 F350 Powerstroke A.T. with 4" lift in front and 6" rear, 45,000 miles for $25,000
    Obviously, the 05 is a better deal but I need a truck to haul my 4x4 rig and to plow with and I'm worried about putting a plow on it.. I am fairly new to plowing and don't know that I can modify a mount.. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

2. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

Based on the year alone, I would opt for the 1999 as it has the 7.3 PSD, which is the best diesel that Ford has put in their F250/F350s to date.

The 05 will have the 6.0 PSD which is a crap shoot. By 2005 a lot of the bugs had been worked out of the 6.0, but it is possible to get an '05+ that has issues.

As far as engines go the 7.3 is a sure bet.

I cannot comment on any potential mount issues with a lifted truck as I have no experience in that area. I am sure that there are some members here that have lifted trucks, and they will be able to tell you if you would need to modify your mount to compensate for the lift.

HTH

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

here the deal get me both vins and i'll get you an oasis reports on both truck so you know the history on them . i 2nd the 99 look it over for common 7.3 leaks and rusty oil pans ect but for 180 rounds on the clock its just broke in :nod: