1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which pusher for a couple to utility tractors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tjjn06, Dec 3, 2011.

1. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

Wondering what size pusher would work well for a 10k - 11k JD utility tractor w/ 90HP? It is a front wheel assit (4x4) model.

Also how about a 7k 50hp hydrostat front wheel asisst utility tractor? This one has a bobtac on the front of the loader.

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

How about more details... Loaders? Angel blade or Pusher? What type of plowing will you be doing?
    And, just list the model of tractor! There are so many choices, guys give better advice when you post more info. Otherwise, you can make your own mount and put a old 10 ft. Western on the front.

3. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

Some of the other threads were mainly talking about hp and weight. I guess I assumed they were equipped with loaders.

1) 90's something JD 6300 w/ 640 loader (cab, 10k - 11k, 90HP).
    2) 2010 Bobcat CT450 w/ 9TL loader and power bobtach (cab, 7k, beat juice weighted tires 500lbs per rear tire, hydrostat trans, 50HP).

Looking for snow pushers/containment type systems mainly used for parking lots although considered a Kage style system for some township road work in the future on the JD.

4. Joe Blade

Joe Blade Member

more details needed

Based on your weights 10,000lbs 10ft to 12ft and 7000lbs I would go 8' to 10'max
    But it does matter what kind of Trans you have and pusher edge rubber / steel / UHMW all these things play a part in determining resistance versus tracktive effort

5. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

Because the hydrostat transmissions in that size machine on average use 50% more power to run over a standard trans. IE standard would have rated pto and avail remote hydro @ 40hp. The hydro trans would only be 30 - 35hp.

It might not make that much of a difference in snow removal with a pusher, but it makes a big difference running attachments such as snow blowers and lift on snow buckets. Just wanted to make sure you know that it may not be quite as capable as a comparable with a standard trans.

6. Joe Blade

Joe Blade Member

little rule I use

Maybe this might help, if we are just talking snow ploughing generally three criteria effect your ability to plow snow 1) hp to your wheels/tracks 2) tractive effort that coincides with your equipment mass or weight. 3) And of course your load mass or the weight of the snow you are pushing. Of these three criteria only tractive effort is dynamic, mass and hp are static.
    So if I wanted to push a certain amount of snow based on a med to high density value of 27-33lbs per cubic ft x my plow volume I would try to make sure the snow load weight never exceeds 65% of the machine mass or weight. This rule has helped me match up machinery to plows for years.
    tymusic

7. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

Thanks, that does help!

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned