1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which push box is best?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by HIGHWAYMAN, Jan 7, 2005.

1. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

I am looking for push plow, 12' will suit my needs I have not seen any that trip, is there one that does? also what brand is everyone using

2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

avalanche makes a trip edge blade on their pusher

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

We have 2 Monroe Snow Bully's 12ft for Loader. They are taller than most pusher boxes and have two braces on each side. The rubber cutting edge works great over obstacles and it really scrapes clean due to the weight.

4. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

am I the only one in the whole world that doesn't chain the box to the loader bucket?
    I'm running a 644 deere and a 12 foot protech. I'll do the roads and big parking lots the protech, then drop it and use the regular bucket to backdrag and run lines. I just drive it into the notches, curl the bucket to pick the protech back on. don't even get out of the loader.

does everyone else actually chain it on?????

5. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

Chain it on

You will the first time it slides off... That is a whole lot of weight to slingshot off the front of a loader... Chaining it on is the right thing to do...

6. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

made some calls on boxes and it looks like the pro-tech is less money yet i think you get what you pay for so I am leaning towards the avalanche with that trip edge just would like to see one it mite not matter because there not alot around in feb. so it mite have to wait

buy the way how do they do on corners?

7. plowed

plowed Senior Member

The chains are there for safety only. If you raise the box and it tips forward, it won't slide off and cause any injuries or damage with the chains. I've seen some guys use the binders on them, which you do not need. Simply loop and hook the chain so it's secure, but no ratcheting binders needed.

8. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

oh.
    I get it.

Thank you!!!!!