1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which pump is better?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mudman78, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

Not to sound like a noob, but which pump is better for a C8 EZ Mount Classic, an E57 or an E60?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I thought Meyer did away with the E-60.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Its still out there. If properly cared for they are good packs. I would probably chose the 57 if I had to pick between those two.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

E-60 is a faster pump. But the E-57 is far more reliable. Since the E-60 has some inherent design flaws. Like the side mounted motor which traps mositure. No filter before pickup in tank. Etc.

5. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

I bought a used plow for my truck before the first storm, but never had time to install it. It has an E60. I just bought another plow (bigger, newer & cheaper than the first) and it has an E57. I'm going to sell the first plow next season, but I wanted to keep the best pump for my truck.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have read that the E57 is just an upgrade of the E47,(the pump and motor)
    The E60 is said to lift faster and angle faster because of the motor size and the pump output. The less draw on your charging system might be a plus with the E60?
    The less time on the switch the better the charging systems status.
    You hit the switch to raise the plow and the engine sputters, the voltage is too low think,should have kept the E60.

7. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The E57 is a ried and true 47 with a 60 motor. Best of both worlds.

Of course it is a still a Meyer pump.

8. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

I've only had experience with Meyer and Western. I like them both and other than a sticking valve here and there, I've never had any problems with the Meyer pump like other people claim.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The biggest difference between the two is the E60 has and adjustable drop speed screw to set how fast or slow the blade will drop to the ground, the E57 doesn't so if it drops too fast or slow for your tastes theirs not much you can do about it on the E57. Now from a reliability stand point, most of the other posts already covered it. The 57 has the upright motor which is less susceptible to corrosion problems and also has an internal filter in the sump base before the gear pump. The E60 doesn't have the filter, any dirt/trash thats in the sump WILL go through the pump.