1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rstan2010, Feb 10, 2010.

1. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

I am looking to install a Boss plow on my truck and cant decide if I should go with a V plow or a straight? I am doing mostly residential driveways and will need to do a lot of back dragging.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you get a vee get smartlocks.

3. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

That's what I was thinking. Is there any good Back dragging blades for the V plow?

4. Koonta

Koonta Junior Member

I had a straight Boss and now a V and they both backdrag about the same, I think the straight blade wind rowed better but the scoop on the V is nice. I've got a 7'6'' and if I get ahead a little bit I'm going to invest in some wings, I like the 7'6" for narrow places though.

5. Sierrabarry

Sierrabarry Junior Member

I had an 8' straight blade and now I have a 9.2 V. I would never go back to the straight blade! You will have a lot more control of where the snow is going even on residential driveways.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Also the vees don't trip as easly as the straights.

7. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

I think I'm gonna go with the 8.2 VXT

8. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

depends on the driveways.....in town, you'd be happy with a straight and back drag blade, if they are country drives that drift then you will need the vee. but i'm not so sure you need to spend the money for an XT. ya they look cool but your not going fast enough to use the extra blade in a driveway. save your money. :)