1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ReelLawnCare, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ReelLawnCare

ReelLawnCare Junior Member

Ok I have a 04 RAM 1500, I service several residential properties and 3 small comercials, I want to put a plow on this truck, which size, brand, would you go with.

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher HT, or Boss Sport Duty.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I saw this on a local craigslist if you want to take a 6 hour drive. Seems like a good deal. I have a Curtis and love it. Works great and he has a mount for your truck.

http://capecod.craigslist.org/grd/1518666171.html

EDIT...oops, just realized you have a 1500, not a 2500.

4. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

i run a 7'6'' meyer on my 1/2 ton and its not to bad, Is a poly plow much lighter ? if so that would be the way to go.

5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Fisher 7'6" RD, good plow heavy enough to the job but won't kill your 1/2 ton, also the RD series plows use alot of the same parts as the rest of the Fisher line, the HT looks alot different?

6. The Swagman

The Swagman Junior Member

I'd go with a Western HTS. I've been plowing my street and a few local driveways with an ATV for a few years now. This year I decided to upgrade and put the HTS on my F150. No more out in the cold freezing my A** off, now I can sit in the warm cab of my truck, listening to tunes. We've only had the one snowfall so far this year but so far it works great. I even picked up a small commercial property as well. The Ultramount is simple & quick, even the girlfriend likes it because she can have it off in a minute and still use the truck around town when it's not being used to plow.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I would put any light or standard duty 8 foot blade on it. I would not waste my time with a 7.5.

8. Stik208

:nono: maybe on a 94-02 1500 Ram, but not on the newer ones too soft in front.

9. ReelLawnCare

ReelLawnCare Junior Member

Thanks for all this input. I am leaning toward the Western HTS. I am looking for something used to I doubt I will find that one, but you never know. Again thanks for all the valuable input.

rob

10. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Are they any softer than your chevy. The weight diff between a 7.5 and a 8 foot is less than 40 lbs with most brands of the same model plow.

11. Stik208

I would have to say probably not, I turned my t-bars all the way up to hold mine.

12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You are wrong about the weight of a poly plow. All Meyer Poly Plows are heavier then there equal width steel plow across the board. Usually about 100lbs heavier then the steel ones. This is also true for most western plows. The poly board is pretty heavy but it is the back bracing and frame of the poly plow what makes it so much more. There is more steel back there to give the poly board the support it needs. Just thought you should know.

13. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

thats cool but i was not wrong because it was a question ??? i was asking if a poly was lighter, and if it was then that would be the way to go, anyways i see whay you are saying
    about the poly's

14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I apologize and I would like to print a retraction for my previous post in this thread. You stand correct fellow Buckeye. Happy Holidays.:redbounce:bluebounc:drinkup:

15. The Swagman

The Swagman Junior Member

Good luck trying to find a used HTS. I think they were new this season. There was nothing up here on Craiglist that I found when I was looking for mine. I ended up going new simply because I knew how it's been treated and I like to look after my gear. Don't want to get halfway through a job and have something break.

16. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

happy holidays to you and your family as well.

17. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 Member
    from NW PA

So you have several accounts already set up and no plow?? How did you do that ?

18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Get a snowdogg MD75- $2699 new

19. Stik208

[​IMG]

20. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Zing! That's #2 for that pic today!