1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by supersteve1191, Mar 3, 2009.

1. supersteve1191

supersteve1191 Member

I have a 97 chevy k2500. My question is which plow should I get. There is a 7'6" western unimount for $1750, its about 10 years old. Then there is a western 8' ultramount for $2200, this one is about 5 years old. There both the complete setup. The 1st pic is of the older plow.

8' plow.jpg
  2. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

they're both pretty pricey...
  3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I'd go for the Ultra mount, since it's bigger, and easier to put on. My grandmas neighbors, he has a uni and she has the ulta. Same size, they like the ultra the best.
  4. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I would go with the 8' Ultramount due to the fact that its bigger and 5 years newer. Whichever you choose look it over carefully for cracked welds, excessive wear, etc.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would keep shopping. Season is almost over and prices will drop.

RODHALL Senior Member

I agree
    i have seen 10 year old plow setups that looked like new sell for $500 to 1000 during spring and summer...