1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by sdplowing, Oct 15, 2006.

1. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

I'v got an '04 2500 HD ext. cab with the Duramax and it needs a plow. I'm trying to decide between a Fisher 8' HD, Meyers 8' EZ-mount plus, or the Boss Superduty 8'. Any input would be appreciated.

Sean

P.S. Good luck to you fellas in western NY.:drinkup:

2. lesseik

lesseik Junior Member
    from midwest

Boss

We just bought a new Boss 7.6 and I was impressed with the mount/dismount. There is a marker for lining it up already on the lights. It comes with the hand held controller standard. For a few dollars difference we went with the boss because the dealer is great. We didn't quite have all the cash and they told us to put half down, intall the plow and make two more equal payment by 12/15 and it's yours....really can't beat that!

3. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Thanks for the input. :drinkup:

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have been back and forth and up and down,left and right about a new plow,lol. I finally decided on a Fisher 8"6" Extreme V SS. I liked it because of these reasons: Trip edge design, mechanical simple hook up (no electric or hydraulic's to fail while hooking up or taking off) its stainless steel and the speed of this thing is amazing. I didn't like the Boss V blade because it didn't trip in v or scoop, I didn't like the Blizzard speed wing because I've heard and seen their paint jobs don't last (neat consept though). The Fisher was more money but I think in a couple years it will pay for itself. imo.

5. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

Plan on installing it yourself. Then get what you want or need. The diesel motors knock the DMAX out if your a crew cab, and only offer a 7.5 if your an ec or rc. I would definitely get the minimum of an 8 footer no matter what. I'm a Fisher fan myself.

6. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Well i guess I will put my opinion in here...I am a Western Fan....We have run Westerns for years, and up until this year we had a western that was 14 years old...I run an 8ft pro plus, dads got an 8'6" MVP, and the guys that plow with us run westerns...It depends on preference...all plows work, some better than others some hold up better...just my .02 :drinkup:
    Mike

7. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

I like Fisher's, but the only problem is price. I'm getting quoted almost $1000 more for the Fisher's than the Boss or Meyers.:eek: I want to know if the Boss or Meyers will hold up to commercial plowing.

Sean
    SD Plowing

8. zapster

zapster Member

get the fisher..
    nothing beats a nice trip edge plow..

besides...Douglas Dynamics owns fisher and western...

...zap!

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Western or fisher is your best bet.

Meyer is the worst plow you can buy. People buy them because they are cheap. Then can't figure out why they break so easily.

10. VanceCox@RASK

VanceCox@RASK Junior Member

Buy a Boss Super or Super Trip Edge

I sold as well as used plows for 11 years and you will not find a tougher longer lasting plow than a BOSS. I've seen them all in action and in the shop! Just being straight up honest with you, I don't sell equipment any more. Boss's super duty plows and especially super duty trip edge plows are indestructible. Good Luck!

Vance Cox
    R.A.S.K. & Associates

11. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Thanks

Thanks for you opinions. You guys have been very helpful. Now all I need are customers and snow.payup

Sean
    SD Plowing