1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dan3435, Jul 15, 2006.

1. dan3435

dan3435 Junior Member

I have a 2006 2500HD silverado ext cab that i am going to put a plow on. I cant decide wether to go with Fisher or Western. :confused:

I would go with ether a pro plus or a x-blade but i need some oppinions on which plow would work better on my truck. I know the differences between the two but would just like to hear some peoples experiences on what they like better.

The dealer i would use sells both so i dont have to worry about which dealer is better.

I just want to make a decision already :help:
    Thanks for any help

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I Like the fisher reg hd series i cant see spending all that extra cash on ss one

3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Fisher....HD or SS. I like the SS X....all depends on what your plowing

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Damn you got your self a problem. You have to decided between the best two plows that money can buy. (excluding blizzard) I grew up with fishers so I would go with fisher. But then again one of my drivers sold western so I got my own inhouse western guy. :drinkup:

I couldn't decide myself. Only reason why I ended up with a western is I got a 1 year old plow for $2500. :drinkup: :bluebounc

5. dan3435

dan3435 Junior Member

Thanks for the advice so far.

I went to the dealer today to get some prices and based on the fact that the truck is new and i drive it everyday they said i should go with a western pro, not pro plus. They said the extra weight is not necessary and the western will be alot easier on the truck than a fisher.

I looked at the plows and the pro plus does look alot stronger than the pro, but do i really need that extra strength? is a western pro as strong as a 7.6' fisher?

still undecided:confused:

thanks again

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

we have the western pro that is a stong plow

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You can't put westerns pro plus wings on a pro model. Which is the coolest thing about the pro plus. The weight difference isn't going to make that much of a difference. Put a set of timbrens on it and crank the torsin bars up. :D

Also you don't want anything smaller than a 8' wide plow. My buddy has a 7.5' on his 2500hd and does nothing but ***** that he should have gotten the 8'. :realmad:

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Get The Boss

9. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

I run a 9' xblade SS on my truck....absolutely love it. My dad has a 9' HD that I run on my truck sometimes, also a very good plow. I shopped both Western and Fisher (both owned my Douglas Dynamics) and ended up with the fisher because I personally liked it best, and have grown up with fishers!

10. dan3435

dan3435 Junior Member

Thanks for the advice

I decided to go with the Pro Plus.
    Getting it installed on thursday:D

11. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

plow

Go with the western pro plus