1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Plow !?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Steve8511, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Steve8511

Steve8511 Junior Member

Hey Guys! I’ve been “lurking” here for some time and thanks to everyone for all they have had to say.
    I’m pulling the trigger on my first and plow this week. I’m torn and hate doing things again because I didn’t choose correctly.
    I drive a 2001 3500 Dodge dually which I’ve fixed pretty much everything on so I know it’s reliable.
    Meyer has the best financing and I like the Super V on paper but after reading the comments maybe it’s a no go….?
    Boss is an obvious favorite here (vxt) but it’s an easy grand more than the Western wide-out… BUT I like the Wide-Out. Boss and Western have the same financing.
    All the dealers here in Maryland are around the same distance.

For the money and with everyone’s experience what would you suggest.

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Although I am strictly a BOSS guy if I was to buy new I would go with the Wideout for the simple fact that BOSS is not keeping up with the times on expandable blades.

Dual rear wheels mean you need at least a 8 1/2 footer may as well go big as you can.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like the Fisher XLS better than the Wide Out because it has a trip edge but, If you don't care about having a trip edge you should go with Western Wide Out.

4. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

BOSS man too, but they all are good choices...I have used Western before and love them also..

Got a great deal on 2 V-Plows @ $5,700 ea. installed w/joysticks 8' 5"...

I saved all my change & $1 bills to pay for these....two summers

5. Steve8511

Steve8511 Junior Member

Thanks! I think I'm pulling the trigger on the wide out..... From reading here I like what the wide out dealer had to say and they do good service work if I need work on the plow.

What have you all decided on insurance? Progressive full coverage is painful at best, and is all I've called.
    Is there a company that will cover you only when plowing to save a few dollars?