1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by michlwillms, Jun 6, 2012.

1. michlwillms

michlwillms Junior Member

I'm wanting to up grade plow's and am all set on the Wester Wide Out because I don't have to purchase a new mount. The Blizzard Power plow is a little cheaper, but I'm not sure of their quality. The price will be the same because I still have my mount where I have to purchase the mount with the Blizzard.

The guy at the Blizzard dealer told me they were pretty much the same except the Blizzard is a little bit heavier.

What's everyone's opinion of each?
  2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

western and blizzard are owned by douglas dynamics so they are kind of the same company. the western is chain lift and the blizzard is direct lift. its kind of personal preference id say. ive heard good and bad about both. id go with whichever dealer is closer to you