1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cutbetterthanyo, Apr 20, 2010.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

After pushing with a compact tractor all winter i got a truck. I bought a ex county 90 chevy one ton. It is a 90, but because its a 1 ton it is the 80s stlye box-e looking truck. It had never been plowed with, but the guy i got it from was adapting a 7 foot OLD western to it. It has the up and down but no side to side. It was a homade rig out of a electric hydro pump. One in and one out. Rather than fooling with that pump i found a 9 foot fisher i was just going to take the pump and rams and retro fit to my plow.The fisher is a little torn up from hitting somthing but otherwise in good shape. I was thinking now of fixing the fisher and putting it on the truck. What would you do? Is a 9 foot to big? The truck is srw,crew cab, long bed, 350 gas, LOW gears, and stick.