1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow Yukon XL 3/4 ton personal use

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dsrour, Oct 2, 2004.

1. dsrour

dsrour Junior Member

Still having hard time figuring out which plow to get. I was looking at Western and Snoway. I liked the down pressure, but hear it has some problems. Which model Western? Thanks

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

My personal first choice would be a 7'6" Fisher RD (coud go up to an 8'6" HD on a 3/4ton). But depending on how much snow you get and the amount of area you plan on plowing a smaller (and less expensive) plow may be valid choice. At any rate you probably want a 7'6" or 8' blade just to keep your wheels inside your windrows.

One of the best bits of advice I have seen on this board (and it goes for many large purchases) - the dealer, their location relative to you and their ability to service/repair when you have a problem (and you will) is probably more important than the brand of plow.

3. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I'm curious to learn what problems you have heard about with snoway, having used mine for least a season, and hearing from others who have used theres much more. The only possible problems I've heard were 1) during a like teh 01 production year plus or minus five years, they had bad welds which were corrected. and 2) sometimes there was soem interference with the wireless controller which was taken care of or just used the regular corded controller as well. Else I don't think there were other problems reported for these plows so please share! :alien:

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

get a western 7.5 pro its a good bet for that i dont think the snoway is worth the money imo

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Let's see a BLIZZARD on that vehicle. I have yet to see a BLIZZARD on a vehicle such as that. :cool:

6. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Like this? 01 Excursion 7.3

[​IMG]

7. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Very nice, very, very nice!!! :redbounce How many kids go plowing with you? Or, do you have someone in the back with a two-way radio to tell you when to stop when backing up?? That is alot of glass to look through.

8. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

If it is only for personal use why spend a fortune

9. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

ummm cause it plows commercially. and the price is only a little bit of difference over the life of the plow.

10. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

a smaller plow will still last and still do the job

11. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

This issue that should be remembered here is that you go to small and the plow will not compltely cover the entire truck front when angled (or straigh if real small). which could lead to running over your run off. or even getting stuck with enough snow. The plow should match the size of the vehicle adequatley without putting too much stress on it. So with That in mind and a price range in mind, then you should look for a plow to fit your needs! :salute:

12. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

snow bear makes a 7'4" plow also for the bigger trucks