1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow to buy?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dplgolf86, Sep 22, 2010.

1. dplgolf86

dplgolf86 Junior Member

I have been plowing for 8 years, but always driving for a company in their trucks.(they have all Chevy 2500HD with Boss V-plows) I just bought a 1997 GMC k1500 and am trying to figure out what type of plow to put on it...looking to buy used. I will be doing a mix of residential drive ways and some commercial lots. Is an 8 foot plow too big for my truck? I have been seeing the Meyers e47 pump is slow compared to others and may have more maintenance problems...? I am kind of torn between a Boss and Meyers. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have Boss and Fisher I work on a friends Myer, I would not take a Myer if you gave it to me.
  3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

You will definitely want the 8'-0" as the 7'-6" barely covers the width of the truck tires. My opinion might be slightly biased but I think you would be real happy with the Boss! :D
  4. koosh925

koosh925 Junior Member

Stick with the boss it is very dependable. I have had my boss plow since 97 and have never had an issue.
  5. dplgolf86

dplgolf86 Junior Member

I went to Bossplow.com and filled out the information to see what they recommend for my truck and it only gave me options for 7'6" plows...
  6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

My bad dude....I was looking at the 2500HD that the company you plow for has, I totally overlooked the fact that you have a 1500. 7'-6" would be correct.
  7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Go with the Boss. Reliable, comes on and off easy, not excessively heavy.